The Specialist program is a comprehensive program which offers students seeking entrance into the medical field. The Medical Front Office and Electronic Health Records training program prepares you for proper handling of patient data, fundamental records and
document management, medical office procedures and more.
This Program is NOT approved for VA Benefits because it is
only available in Mentor Learning Format.
Time required for completion: 6 months program/self paced/192 hours
Potential Certifications: Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist,
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant, and Microsoft Office Specialist
Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
Certification Exams: 3 CEHS , CMAA and MOS
Summaries of Courses:
- 1011 - Medical Office Procedures and Administration: Learn procedures in a clinical setting, processing of confidential information relating to the patient’s demographics and medical information file, law & ethics, accuracy of source documents, bookkeeping and banking practices in the medical office
- 1013 - Microsoft Excel Levels 1, 2 and 3: Students will create, edit, enhance, and display information in worksheets and workbooks
- Microsoft Word Levels 1, 2 and 3: Students will learn basic and advanced concepts to produce business documents
- 1014 - Human Anatomy Physiology and Medical Terminology: Learn the origin of medical terms including learning how to build, analyze, and define medical terms using word parts. Define medical terms for each body system and recognize common abbreviations used in each body system and specialty area
- 1018 - Electronic Heath Records: This Module provides students with the skills and expertise needed for development and maintenance of electronic health records in both facility and private practice environments